Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

How it all started...

May 2011


In January 1995, one of the promises I made to myself AL[1] is that every year, I would visit a new place…whether it be out of state or just another city in California.  Back DL, despite of my expressed wishes, the only vacation that existed was Vegas; thus, I knew there was so much out there I have yet to explore and I couldn't wait!

16 years later, I continue to fulfill this promise thanks to my wonderful and supportive husband, Brad, who has helped make this happen.  In the past, Brad didn't like venturing off to another country outside of US.  He always joked that he'd be that American kid who was caned in Singapore for spitting.  Not that he would do such a thing but if you know Brad with his carefree, outspoken ways, he figured he was bound to say the wrong thing or gesture some inappropriate or illegal sign.  


Italy has been on the top of our wish list with Spain and Greece as a close second and third and I am over the moon that we are finally here…our very first trip to Europe!  Many of you have generously contributed to this “dream come true” for our honeymoon…so a “molto grazie” from the bottom of our hearts.

Now, how do I preserve the memories of this long-awaited, much-anticipated journey?  I knew I was going to maintain a journal and a photo album but I wanted them to complement each other so then I thought I’d put a scrapbook together…but who am I kidding?  To this day, I never finished the scrapbook I started back in 7th grade.  I also had many friends who asked me to save our research notes so they can use them as a point of reference for their trip to Italy…so, I decided I’m going to create a trip journal!  Use this however you wish…read through them or just view the pics…I won’t feel slighted at all.

This trip report is focused on what I perceived as highlights of our trip.  Italy just oozes with so much history that we invested hours studying about it before our trip.  We watched dozens of documentaries of its history (no books, pls!) which I highly recommend you do if you decide to do Italy but I won’t bore you with the historical details.


My final recommendation is that you visit this beautiful country and experience its people and food with your best friend…la dolce vita!


NOTES:
you can magnify any photo by clicking on it.
i'd love to hear your feedback so please let me know what you think!


[1] AL or “After Louie” involve post-events of my separation from my ex-husband
in Jan 1995. Alternatively, DL or “During Louie” pertain to my life while married to
him.  As all of you know, my life has drastically changed for the better AL.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you found each other to explore the world together. Here's hoping that Spain and Greece are not to far behind....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw…I'll drink to that! Grazie!

    ReplyDelete